MSAT-G2 PSTN TELEPHONE INTERFACE
The MSAT-PSTN Interface enables MSAT-G2 radio operators to access MSAT voice and PTT service functions via an analog telephone. When using a cordless analog phone, the interface extends satellite phone coverage throughout buildings. The device also facilitates integration of the MSAT-G2 radio into a Private Branch Exchange (PBX) system. Now organizations can easily incorporate MSAT services into their office telephone networks, ensuring reliable back-up capability when it is needed the most.
- Analog telephone connection (RJ-11)
- Access to PTT functions via analog phone (PTT, talkgroup toggling etc.) PTT supported by pressing either a '*' to PTT the radio or a '#' to return back to receive mode.
- Differential Ringing - Different ring tones identify different call types (Telephone or PTT)
- Answers in a specific number of rings and allows the user to command the radio from phone line.
- Bright LED display on front of the MSAT-PSTN aids in initial setup and provides real time feedback during operation.
- Power is provided by the MSAT-G2 on the radio end and +12V power is required on the handset end (power module included).
- Connect MSAT-G2 into a PBX for more flexible usage.
- The user can also change user talk groups from the phone DTMF pad.
- Two models are available, either Foreign Exchange Office (FXO) or Commander model.
- MSAT-PSTN Module
- 1' Network Cable (to link PSTN to MSAT-G2 Radio
- MSAT-PSTN Bracket & 5 Bracket Screws
- MSAT-PSTN Manual
MSAT-G2 PSTN Models
In either FXO or Commander mode, the MSAT-PSTN provides the user with all the standard handset features the MSAT-G2 provides.
To initiate a call, enter desired phone number and press the '*' (star) button. When call is complete, user either hangs up the phone or presses the '#' (pound) digit.
FXO Model (Normal PSTN)
Commander Model (Normal PSTN + Internal Command Module)
- When the radio goes active, it rings an analog telephone in an effort to contact the user during activity.
- The MSAT-PSTN acts like an analog phone line allowing a standard analog telephone to be connected.
- To use, pick up an analog telephone handset and the PSTN-FXO will provide you with dial tone, now you can command the G2
- When the radio goes active it will initiate a call to a user programmed number and place the G2's audio on the phone
- To use, answer the call and enter a '#' to initiate transmit
- To initiate contact with the G2, call the phone number for the analog telephone line that is attached to the Commander unit
MSAT-PSTN User's Guide